Wednesday, September 25, 2013

OWH Birthday Bash with Perfect Papercrafting 2013

 
Hello everyone,
 
We are still celebrating our birthday! I hope you have been able to party right along with us.
 
Welcome to the OWH Birthday Bash blog skip featuring Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers!
If you click here you can start at the very beginning of the skip. You know you wouldn't want to miss out on any of the great inspiration.
 
If you've been skipping from the beginning you should have come from Patti's Blog.   
 
I used two of OWH Sketches.
 
First is #132.
 
 
I have no idea why I thought this color combination would work. But for some reason I like it.
What hero wouldn't want to send hugs and kisses to their loved one. This one could pass easily for a love card but even could be used as a valentine card if needed.
 
The second card is sketch #173.
 
 
With this card I will be writing an Any Hero message for my next box.  
 
I've gotta tell you I wasn't sure I was going to like using the Perfect Layer rulers but I have fallen in love with them. It makes it so easy to have even layers all the way around your image or sentiment.
You can have layers from 1/16" all the way to 1".
 
This skip gets better. I'm sure you read it on an earlier blog post but I want to be sure to remind you.  Perfect Paper Crafting has generously given us a discount code to give you our readers that will get you 5% off their purchases - no expiration!  So you will need to use this code:  OWH5%. And it doesn't stop there, they are also doing a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to PPC. What you need to do is comment on every blog on the hop to qualify.  

What you say, you have never made cards for OWH? If you click here you will get the guidelines needed to keep our heroes safe and to make it easier for them to send the cards back home to loved ones.

To continue with the fun check out Lezlyes blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 

 Marianne

 

52 comments:

Sandy Allnock said...

Darling! I wasn't sure about the layers either, but man. They're my new best friend!

Anonymous said...

Love the colorway of that first card - wonderful mix of colors and patterns.

Patti J said...

Great cards! Beautifully done - thanks for sharing :) It's been fun skipping with you today!

Diane Loughrey said...

I like the craft look on the first card. Wonderfully done. Not sure I could pull that off.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous cards, your layers are Perfect! ~Diane

Diane said...

I like your cards, especially the sentiment on the second card.

Jean B in PA said...

Your use of layering is great! I like the subtle embossed stripes and the printed, but tone on tone stripes used together on the second card.

Jean B in PA said...

I love the patterned papers, heart buttons and the banner on your card!

Nancy Keller said...

Wow, great colors and that embossing on the second card is such a nice touch to match the patterned paper! Thanks for sharing with us and for joining in on the hop! I love that "brave man" sentiment. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Each place I go I just get more confirmation that I have to have the layer tools. Your cards are great, I do like the hugs and kisses card...sometimes the oddest color combos just "work" This one does. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, I love the orange / green card, definitely not your routine color choice, but so unexpected and fun. TFS!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Two beautiful cards, love the colours and all the layering!

Carolynn said...

Great cards, Marianne! Both of them have so much heart.

Unknown said...

All those lovely layers set off your papers beautifully!

Julie w/OWH said...

I love those colors, Marianne! Both great cards and thanks for reminding folks that we always need AnyHero cards! Thanks for participating in our skip today!

Carol Salisbury said...

Nice cards! Love the pattern paper of the first one!

Melissa T. said...

Love your color combinations! Those hearts really work with that paper. :)

Tami B. said...

Pretty cards. Layering just adds so much.

Dixie Cochran said...

Pretty papers and perfect designs. Lovely cards!

Paula S. said...

Nice work Marianne! I have to say I could never use a thin 1/16" border on anything until I got my Perfect Layers tools, and sometimes they are just the right size to help define and edge without taking over a design. Glad you got to join in today's skip!

Colleen said...

Your 1st card is darling! Those colors are great and of course the layer are fantastic!

sherry varga said...

What beautiful cards and awesome layering.

Lezlye said...

Simply beautiful! Happy to be in the lineup with you!

Karen said...

Such pretty colors. Thank you for sharing

Helen S said...

The color combos are great !

Kathy said...

I think your color combinations are great! Very nice job on both cards. After seeing all of the cards on this blog hop it's hard to think of making cards without layers. Need the new rulers.

Marsha said...

Really like your layered hearts.

Unknown said...

What fresh color combinations! And they really do work :)

Iris said...

Love the patterned papers and the colors.
isoscia@aol.com

Directmailscrapper said...

What great colors!

Angie said...

Those colors definitely work great!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the colors and hearts on your first card. That is a special sentiment on the second one, love it.

Bert B said...

loving all the layers--am going to have to have these tools! It will really making layering so much easier!

Rufus said...

A friend of mine has been telling me for a long time now that I really should get Perfect Layers...well they've now moved from the want list to the top of the need list! Thanks so much for your support of OWH and all our Heroes!
R/

lindaplus3 said...

I think your first card is very very pretty... especially the colors :)

Sherry Butcher said...

Great cards, love using a card for more than on reason. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Great color and pretty cards.

M DelValle said...

Great cards and love the design! :)

AmyS said...

These cards look great, the layers really add a lot. I just wish the pictures were a little brighter. :-)

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment on the second card and the colors. Thanks

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful job on your cards. TFS!

Unknown said...

Great cards. I thought the color combo worked on the first card too.

byAnnette said...

Like that you chose an unexpected color combination for your love card!
I'm thinking I may need these rulers after seeing what everyone is saying!

WhoMom said...

Love the colorway on the first card. It is very nice. The second Any Hero card is very nice, but still love the colors on the first one.
Lyn

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment on the second card. Thank you for sharing.

Sue D said...

Great color combos on both cards.

rscholz said...

Love the papers you used on the first card and the sentiment on the Any Hero card. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie2cats said...

Lovely cards.

Lori said...

I love the colors you used! Beautiful cards!

BobbisTreasure said...

I LOVE the colors on the first card, unexpected and so perfect!

Laura Pervier said...

I'm sure someone will snag that love card as soon as they see it!

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

love the color pallet, great share doing the blog skip~ thanks for supporting the armed forced, my husband and son are deployed to Afghanistan and Daughter in AF to Korea, WHEN THEY GET MAIL THEY ALL LIGHT UP, just knowing they are not forgotten and appreciated. SO THANK YOU ~ Hugs Larelle-Susanne