Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Card A Day Should Make Mom Feel Loved

I recently was at a OWH cardmaking party. During the party a woman shared she makes a card for her mother and father in law everyday and mails them. They don't live close to her and the reason she was doing it everyday was because she didn't know how much longer they would be around.

I thought that was a great idea. I started about 3 weeks ago sending a card a day to my mom. If you have been reading my blog regularly you would know my mom lives in Iowa so I don't see her very often. So I challenge you to send a card a day. It wouldn't need to be to a parent or even the same person everyday. Just think doing what you love to do to brighten someones day.

Here is the card I sent out today. Mom's 75th birthday is Monday so I wanted to be sure she received it in time.

The picture isn't that great. I didn't have my camera handy so I took it with my iPhone. I will try to take better pictures from now on.

If you take the challenge let me know so I can check out your cards.

So long for now.
Marianne

1 comment:

Dolores A. said...

A lovely card and reason to send it! I can appreciate that idea as I always feel like Sandy is making those daily posts on OWH for me as well, since I need the inspiration.
She knows I follow along and being new at cardmaking, I feel she's explaining it to me.

I think posting a card a day in honor of someone and then sending it to OWH is a great use of effort all around.

Thanks for your recent comment on my paintings... I see the butterfly too!