Monday, July 12, 2010

OWH Halloween

Hi everybody. Sorry about being offline for so long. I have had a few health problems and just didn't have the energy to do much after working everyday.

I have been working on some Halloween cards for Operation Write Home. Their deadlines are about 6 weeks to ship before a holiday so our deployed soldiers are able to write in their cards and get them sent back home.

I must admit it was pretty weird pulling out my Halloween stamps and stamping in July. I have also made a few Christmas cards that I will share later.

The stamp is a clear stamp from Joann's that I picked up last year for $.50. For once I was actually thinking when I picked up this stamp normally I would have thought oh well the holiday is past what would I do with this.

Here is a close up of the knotted tulle. I don't know why but the tulle called out to me at Joann's when I was there. Tulle comes in a dozen different colors and is very reasonably priced at $.99 a yard. I found that when I put the card in the envelope it collapsed very nicely but when pulled out if fluffed right back to normal.




Thanks for stopping by today.
Marianne

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card! Hope you're feeling better.