Monday, November 14, 2016

Great Gift Card #1

Here is the first card from the Great Gift Idea #1.
All supplies are from Stampin Up unless noted otherwise.


This card was so quick and easy to make. It makes a great WOW card with little effort.

The colors for cardstock I used are Lost Lagoon (retired) and Crumb Cake.

The card base is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" from Lost Lagoon, Any blue cardstock would look great.

You will need 2 pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 3-3/4" x 5".  One piece has a 3" circle cut out.
(The circle is saved for the second card in the series.) The second piece is run through the Big Shot with the Gently Falling embossing folder. I lightly sponged the dots with a sponge and crumb cake dye ink.

The piece of Very Vanilla was sponged with Lost Lagoon and Crumb Cake to make a "beachy" image. I used post it notes for the horizon line.

The sentiment was stamped on a scrap strip of Lost Lagoon and cut trimmed into a banner. I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

The starfish was stamped with Crumb Cake and cut out by hand.

In putting the card together I first attached the circle piece to the beach scene piece. I added this to the card base. I then attached the starfish image with clue on three legs and foam tape on two legs. Place within the circle as you like. I then attached the banner with double sided tape.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Missy


No comments: