Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Great Gift Card #2


Hi Friends,

I’m so glad you are joining me today for my second card in from the Great Gift Idea #1.

It is so gloomy today. Fogging and misty. It’s been a few months since I’ve seen a hummingbird and warmer days. How is the weather where you are?

All supplies are from Stampin Up unless noted otherwise.

The colors used throughout this project are Lost Lagoon, Basic  Black, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake.

The card base is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" from Crumb Cake.

You will need:

One piece of Designer Series Paper (aka DSP) measuring 4” x 5-¼”. I chose a subtle pattern so it would not upstage the stamped hummingbird.

The cut out circle piece from card #1. If you did not make card #1 the circle measures approximately 3”.

A scrap of vellum for the sentiment plus 2 staples.

Black Stazon ink or another Archival fast drying ink.

To begin the card I would stamp the greeting on the vellum and set it aside to dry. If you are using the Stampin Up Picture Perfect hummingbird I would recommend stamping it on a scrap piece of paper before doing it on your circle. This is a wonderfully detailed stamp but it  can be hard to line up the first time - hence practicing. Once you have the image on your final piece of  Very Vanilla cardstock hand cut it out.

Now you are ready to put your card together. Oops silly me I forgot to have you cut out the banners. The black banner is wider than the blue banner. I used scraps I had leftover from making the card holder that will be shared on another day.

I began completing the card by gluing down the banners, the hummingbird circle, stapling the vellum sentiment and finally attaching it all to the card base.

If you have any questions be sure to contact me.


Missy

No comments: